For the first time since I’ve been travelling, I got a little bit pensive yesterday. I’ve been to London for three days and I spent more than £ 900 (Food and hotel included). I didn’t buy anything besides food! I didn’t know if my back hurts from walking or from the cheap bed I tried to sleep in. By the way, I walked more than 100 km (about 62 miles) and my feet really hurt. I thought I’ve seen anything I wanted to see and ran out of money and really wanted to go home. I asked myself if all the money I spent was worth the time I spent in London. Then I saw the awesome comment of a native and went to “Shepherd’s Bush”. It made me fall in love with this city! Not only that I found “Westfield”(not that I could afford anything there), which I loved SO MUCH in Los Angeles, but I found pretty awesome food, cheap food, cheaper than at home. I’m still stuffed and had my last meal at about 3 o’clock! It was just awesome. Reminded me about of a mixture between “Kreuzberg” and “Neukölln” in Berlin. It was pretty awesome, since I love to see different cultures in mega cities! I’m used to eat Turkish food a lot, so I went for that, and it was better than I expected. It was called “Fisherman’s Hut” I guess, and for less than £ 4,50 I got a HUGE Burger and A LOT of chips (I couldn’t even finish it) and a can of Coke. And the food was pretty good. My recommondation to everyone with a small wallett: Shepherd’s Bush!
I wanted to tell you some things I experienced the last couple of days that really made my jaw drop.
1. McDonald’s has camera’s on the toilets (I haven’t seen a camera in the city where I live since I moved there, no camera besides my iSight oder iPhone).
2. I ADORE the british accent. Every time I hear a guy with a british accent, it literally makes me want to jump on him!
3. I love the way british people talk to each other. I don’t know how many times I’ve been called “darling”, “beautiful” or “love”, or something that really makes me melt: “my lovely”. Baaam! Like a thunderstruck!
4. I always thought about Britain as a country with a lot of punks, HELLO, do you even remember “The Sex Pistols”?! Then I see some and they get arrested while I’m standing there and smiling at them. Five punks get arrested by three giant busses filled with cops! WTF?!?
5. I walk into a Burger King, ’cause I really have to pee, but there was blood all over the walls. I tell the cashière what I saw. First it was hard for her to get if I was talking about the men or the ladies room (WHAT?!?!) and then her reaction: “Just blood, but nothing bad?” WTF?! HELLO?!?! I still can’t get it and I’m shaking my head as I’m writing it.
Okay, I’ll stop…
I have to sleep, tomorrow is going to be an exhausting day. 😦